I’ve been a busy young lady. Here are 3 new etchings I’ve made:
- ‘It’s cold’, icy cold snowflakes on black paper
- ‘Wanted ted’, the full caption of which is Bearded teddy ate the ragdoll. My mum say this is a bit violent but I think it’s awesome
- ‘Wor Cathedral’, also known as St James’ Park the home of NUFC. Almost a non-twee pair with this etching, ‘Wor Bridges‘.
Things I learned from this lot of etchings include:
- I should probably get my mini comic explaining what an etching is and how to make one printed and online soon, like, to make it clear quite how much hard labour/chemistry/metalwork goes into making these delicate little lines
- it’s possible to dip things in acid without splashing yourself (too liberally) with acid
- it’s really difficult to photograph etchings clearly, particularly when they’re white ink on black paper
- I really like making etchings.
I’m also setting myself up for all the craft markets in the world, ever. These are:
- Saturday 6th October 2012, Make and Mend at Grainger Market in Newcastle
- NEW DATE: Sunday 21st October 2012, Oxjam Newcastle Craft Market at Ouseburn Farm
- Saturday 3rd November 2012, Make and Mend at Grainger Market in Newcastle
- Saturday 17th November, Thought Bubble sequential art convention at the Royal Armouries in Leeds
- Sunday 25th November 2012, Daisy Green On Tour at Hedworth Hall in South Shields
And possibly a couple more dates to be arranged but then, looking at this list, I feel quite exhausted already.